Re: Debugging SMIE for sh-script.el

From: Kévin Le Gouguec
Subject: Re: Debugging SMIE for sh-script.el
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2021 09:09:44 +0200

Stefan Monnier via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> writes:

>> I guess TRT would be to add a third step to check whether (char-before
>> (point)) is a closing delimiter, and if so, skip back to its matching
>> opener?  With (forward-sexp -1)?  And then assert whether we've hit a $
>> sign?
>
> Could be but that could also be dangerous, since we don't want to treat
> $(cat food) as a single token.  I think we'd want something a bit less
> generic.

Not sure why we wouldn't want to treat $(cat food) as a single token?
Do you mean, as opposed to ${cat_food}?  IIUC, I'd like both $() and ${}
to be skipped over for the purposes of indentation:

#+begin_src sh
${top_dir}/foo --bar \
               --baz

$(git rev-parse --show-toplevel)/foo --bar \
                                     --baz
#+end_src

> Also, the ...-backward-token and ...-forward-token need to be kept in-sync.

Gotcha.