Re: Noob dumb question (extending emacs)

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Noob dumb question (extending emacs)
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 21:45:53 +0200

Ivano Da Milano wrote:

>> > Batch rename
>>
>> I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but it is possible,
>> either directly from Elisp or some solution/combination
>> with/from Dired and/or the shell ...
>
> I mean renaming files all at once, applying string manipulation to the file
> name

All or almost all shell CLI tools that work on files are
"batch" - or should be ...

But as has been mentioned, the usual answer would be
rename(1p) - "p" as in Perl, or the "User Contributed Perl
Documentation".

>> > OffLine browser (like HTTrack)
>>
>> You need/want a special browser for that?
>
> Not sure about this

I'd like my ordinary browser since I'm accustomed to that and
have it configured the way I want, it doesn't matter if what
is being browsed is a file received from a web server or is
a local file I have on disk ...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal