Re: Poll: best hackable window manager or DE for Emacs-loving freedom ac

From: Jude DaShiell
Subject: Re: Poll: best hackable window manager or DE for Emacs-loving freedom activists
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2021 09:57:38 -0400

KDE plasma has no screen reader capability and likely won't have in the
future.  Those iso builders for kde plasma don't put the entire gnome
accessibility stack on their isos so orca which might work inside kde
plasma has to be installed by a sighted installer along with all of its
dependencies once a kde plasma install is completed for a blind computer
user.  For that reason, kde plasma is not in the same class as emacspeak
whether or not kde plasma is on a computer exhibited at the Smithsonian
Museum.