Re: Emacs as a translator's tool

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs as a translator's tool
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 22:59:57 +0100

Marcin Borkowski wrote:

> Well, I don't have a translator job, either. And I have
> a friend who is a translator, and it seems this job sucks
> more and more these days... (Easy commissione are gone
> because of Google Translator; rates have been the same for
> about 20 years, not even raised according to inflation...)

Yeah ... I'm back to running a workshop :)
<https://dataswamp.org/~incal/blog/ums/ut/ut-ums.png> (4.7M)

But I would like to have an bookish or analytical work just
once before I leave this world. A full-time translator tho,
oh no. I think even with Emacs a full-blown CAT that
would stink. Well, MUCH less so obviously, but still ...

Organization skills from Emacs comes handy! Soo easy compared
to what we do every day, but don't tell anyone :)
<https://dataswamp.org/~incal/ums/photo/wood-shelf.jpg> (411K)
<https://dataswamp.org/~incal/ums/photo/wall-bench-shelf.jpg> (2.2M)
<https://dataswamp.org/~incal/ums/photo/triangle-wagon.jpg> (2.4M)

For example ... see the distances between the uprights in the
"triangle-wagon.jpg" photo? They are the same. It doesn't take
a math professional like yourself to know that with static
quantities and a single unknown it's - algebra :)

But a lot of these guys don't know that. "- How did you do it? -
A folding rule ... - Aaah ..."

>> Are Poles the only ones ever to beat Russia in a war?
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Warsaw_(1920))

Yeah, that's it.

>> Sweden ... once super-militaristic, armed-to-the-teeth,
>> then and still one of the riches countries in the world LOL
>
> Actually, we also fought Swedes once
> (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deluge_(history)).

I know, I heard it several times! And I have heard young
Polish people blame Sweden even more than Russia for the
_present_ situation in Poland (whatever that is, in their
minds). Because the Russians at least help rebuild and
organize things after WW2, they said.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal