Re: What does the error "Process <URL> not running" mean?

From: emacsq
Subject: Re: What does the error "Process <URL> not running" mean?
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2022 15:05:56 +0000

> That shouldn't be too hard. Does anyone have a sample url showing the problem?

In my experience, it's not a specific error which happens all
the time, it just occurs sometimes. Like connection closed
unexpectedly.

I fetched hundreds of urls with url-retrieve sequentially, so
the next url is fetched when the previous returned, and it works
most of the time, but sometimes you get this "process x not
running" error and then you get this same error for the next
10-20 urls for some reason, and then it works again well for
a while.

So it's an intermittent error. I don't know if it's a problem
in emacs' networking layer or it's something else.