Re: no to war in Ukraine

From: Jacob Hrbek
Subject: Re: no to war in Ukraine
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2022 14:52:23 +0000

> I just find westerners naive. As is saying that peace will be established in exchange for conceding some territories - also naive.  Ukraine held a third of nuclear weapons and many bombers - and gave them all up thinking that such actions would ensure its future security.

Ukraine was mostly forced to concede it's nuclear weapons in exchange for it's territorial integrity and sovereignty in 1991 this deal was done by Leonid Kravchuk (first president of ukraine who was strongly pro-russian and anti-western as evident by his affiliation with Dynamo Group and political affiliations) with the soviet union (now russia).

Calling this "western naivity" is historically flawed.

---

Nothing is perfect thus why it's important to maintain it, improve it over time and enable everyone to join on the effort.

The European Union is not going to concede any territory and will defend every inch of it.