Re: Emacs help from terminal

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs help from terminal
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2022 19:31:32 +0200

Jean Louis wrote:

> That somehow gives me impression that in this case of shell
> job suspension, you start thinking from your habits and
> assume that every computer user does the same.

Trust me, people don't do that anymore. And for good reason
since there is no advantage in controlling processes manually
at that level, if there is any need for that functionality
they should be given a proper interface that is
specialized/adapted for the situation, and in time, even that
should be fully automated.

> And I have given you quite a real example [...]

Jean, as you know a Spitfire and a Messersmith are aeroplanes.
They fly without any problem and to the layman quite aptly so.
But you don't have to be a flying ace to understand that
against an F-16 or a MiG they don't stand a chance. So you
see, to keep them "quite real" one has to keep them
VERY unemployed!

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal