Re: Rainbow-delimiters highlighting { and } for tex and latex

From: Alessandro Bertulli
Subject: Re: Rainbow-delimiters highlighting { and } for tex and latex
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2022 15:58:31 +0200

Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> writes:

> The plan would be to integrate the functionality of AUCTeX into tex-mode
> and latex-mode, even though there can be a core AUCTeX file.  The problems
> associated with the separate functionality has been discussed with Carsten
> Dominik about his "cdlatex" rapid tools.  There is agreement on the need
> for thinking a new scheme through.

Do you mind providing a quick recap? Is cdlatex going to become part of
AUCTeX? Or vanilla Emacs?

>> I agree, but I guess the point is to not break compatibility with old
>> codebases. I wonder if defining some aliases would work tho.
>
> I would say that users expect emacs to honour the contents of auto-mode-alist.

Wait, what do you mean? Maybe I haven't made myself clear: I was
thinking of defining an alias, say, `auctex-mode`, so that configuration
for it can be easily tell apart from latex-mode. Actually, I don't know,
is it possible to do so in Emacs-lisp?

> There is a solution but is very time consuming to realise what is happening.
> Especially for users who rely on many tools and packages.

You meank, a solution to this specific problem, or a solution to the
naming confusion?

--
Alessandro Bertulli