Re: Rainbow-delimiters highlighting { and } for tex and latex

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Re: Rainbow-delimiters highlighting { and } for tex and latex
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 22:45:01 +0200

> Sent: Saturday, September 10, 2022 at 7:36 AM
> From: "Arash Esbati" <arash@gnu.org>
> To: "Christopher Dimech" <dimech@gmx.com>
> Cc: "Alessandro Bertulli" <alessandro.bertulli96@gmail.com>, "Stefan Monnier"
> <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>, wilnerthomas@tutanota.com, help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: Rainbow-delimiters highlighting { and } for tex and latex
>
> Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> writes:
>
> > Auctex and Cdlatex could continue seperately, for more exotic features
> > like as today.
>
> I can't tell for cdlatex since I've never used it, but I don't consider
> many features provided by AUCTeX as exotic.

Perhaps not.  The argument is that it would be difficult for all auctex
functionality
to be incorporated and maintained as part of emacs.  Consequently, I see the
value
of continuing with auctex as separate package.  But we have to fix the
problematic
parts of auctex so that users can comfortably use auctex tools whilst being able
to easily switch to the tex and latex built-in modes in emacs when they want to.