Re: [External] : Running emacs without any customisation

From: Dr Rainer Woitok
Subject: Re: [External] : Running emacs without any customisation
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 10:47:02 +0200

Christopher,

On Thursday, 2022-10-13 18:41:33 +0200, you wrote:

> Keeping in mind that the x-resource database can be modified by
> programs the user does not fully have control of, I resist the
> school of thought that says that one should obey the x-resource
> database whatever they are.  Using the x-resource database in
> emacs blindly in unwise.

<soapbox>
According to this locic it's absolutely unwise  to run ANY programme not
written by yourself under your userid  on ANY operating system not writ-
ten by yourself,  because doing so  could modify or destroy  ANY file in
your home directory!

After all the OPs problem arose from Trisquel (of all things!) providing
unwise (according to the OP) defaults and the OP not willing to read the
documentation or to _REALLY_ follow the advise received on this list!
</soapbox>

Sincerely,
  Rainer

PS: This is _definitely_ my last contribution to this thread.