Re: Introducing face in comments for various modes

From: Thibaut Verron
Subject: Re: Introducing face in comments for various modes
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 16:38:39 +0100

On Mon, 12 Dec 2022, 16:23 Yuri Khan, <yuri.v.khan@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Dec 2022 at 17:53, Thibaut Verron <thibaut.verron@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > > If you use "modus-vivendi" for org-mode, the colours are all almost
> white,
> > > a big problem particularly when you fold the org headings.
> >
> > I don't like dark backgrounds, but it seems perfectly readable to me.
>
> Heime has a point. The complaint is not about *readability* of
> modus-vivendi’s colors against the background. It is about
> *distinction* between levels of Org headings, i.e. ability to
> distinguish a level 3 heading from a level 4 just by color.

Fair enough, but I still find them easy enough to separate on the
screenshot, or also when folded. But it might be more from the indentation
and leading dots (from other packages).

For what is worth, the modus themes allow flexible configuration for the
headings, which should then be propagated to outline, org, etc.