Re: wie kann ich Emacs so einstellen, dass ich drucken kann

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: wie kann ich Emacs so einstellen, dass ich drucken kann
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 11:34:33 +0100

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

> Wie übersetzt man besser Buffer im Kontext von Emacs?
> How do you translate "Buffer" in the context of Emacs?

"Puffer" is actually ok, but may sound a bit weird.  Most of the time
many people just use the English words, so "buffer" would also be ok.
Using English words in German sentences a lot has its own name:
speaking Denglish.

It depends on who you explain something.  But you also do older
people no favor if you use words that they don't find in texts and the
Internet etc. because they are not common.

In this case "buffer" and "Puffer" are very similar, so I would prefer
"buffer": it's easy to remember even for people not speaking English,
and it's more precise than "Puffer".

Michael.