Re: [External] : Re: How to make M-x TAB not work on (interactive) decla

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: How to make M-x TAB not work on (interactive) declaration?
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 21:46:32 +0300

* Andreas Eder <a_eder_muc@web.de> [2023-01-16 20:42]:
> > Maybe you know some reference to Lisp beginning why is it so?
>
> See http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/HyperSpec/Body/f_pl.htm for
> #'+ and http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/HyperSpec/Body/f_st.htm
> for #'*.

Thanks.

"Returns the product of numbers, performing any necessary type
conversions in the process. If no numbers are supplied, 1 is
returned."

I understand 1 is returned, yet I am still searching for purpose.

For now vague purpose is only to satisfy some other functions which
process lists, like `reduce' or `apply', I am searching for
confirmation if that was the sole purpose.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman