package for Email

From: Gottfried
Subject: package for Email
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 13:56:20 +0000

Hi everybody,

I am using thunderbird for emails.
My question:

1. Which Email package do you use?
Can you tell your experience with your email package?

2. Does it make sense for me as an emacs-newbie to change from using thunderbird to an emacs email package?

3. There are
Rmail, GNU, Wanderlust, Mu4e etc...

4. I prefer to habe folders because I like to have an overview.
Mu4e doesn't have folders.

5. I want IMAP.
Do all of them provide IMAP? (does Rmail now provide IMAP)?

6. Wanderlust seems to be more difficult to set up, and I still have trouble because I am an Emacs-newbie.

7. Which one is easier to use?

8. Should I start with Rmail? and later switch to GNU?

At the moment I don't need GNU for reading news etc...

9. Or is it useful to start with GNU because it has more options and I have to learn it anyhow? and I can use it with org-mode?

10. Do all of them have the same or similar keybindings or do I have to learn for each one separate keybindings?

11. What are the benefits compared to thunderbird?
A. Only the keybindings of Emacs I can use and in knowing them it will be easier in future to handle it?
B. It is within emacs and uses less CPU
C......

Kind regards

Gottfried