Re: stats say SBCL is 78 875 % faster than natively compiled Elisp

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: stats say SBCL is 78 875 % faster than natively compiled Elisp
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 08:35:05 +0200

> From: Emanuel Berg <incal@dataswamp.org>
> Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 21:47:16 +0100
>
> > But if you think you can do that only once, you are
> > mistaken: basically, each time you want your Lisp to work
> > with a new version of Emacs, you need to recompile your Lisp
> > into *.eln files anew.
>
> ... and when I get a new computer as well?

No, not if the new computer runs the same OS and is capable of running
the same Emacs binary you built on the old one.  Just make sure you
don't customize native-comp-driver-options and/or
native-comp-driver-options to include compiler switches that are valid
only for certain CPU architectures.  (Customizing those is discouraged
anyway.)