Re: [Help-gnucap] Time step control

From: a r
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] Time step control
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 13:49:05 +0000

On Dec 3, 2007 1:17 PM, a r <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2. (this seems more critical) time step is not decreased (or not
> decreased enough) when the transition occurs. Sure, additional events
> are added but all devices (bsim3) driven by this signal are not
> modeled exactly.

Actually the timestep seems to decrease - setting trstepgrow=1.5
(default "infinitive") helps quite a bit. Unfortunately setting
trstepgrow to 1.4 effectively hangs gnucap (the simulation goes down
to minimum step).

Still I have a feeling that playing with options is a hack. Why gnucap
does not recognize that the state of the circuit (bsim3 transistors)
changes and it should simulate the transition more precisely?

-r.