Re: [Help-gnucap] Problem attaching models

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] Problem attaching models
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 19:41:26 -0400

On Tuesday 11 March 2008, Rubén Gómez Antolí wrote:
> In other machine with a new gnucap snapshot installation:
>
> address@hidden:~/Fuentes/gnucap-2008-02-11$ gnucap -a
> models-ngspice17/asrc/asrc.so prueba.ckt
> Gnucap 2008.02.10 RCS 26.71
> The Gnu Circuit Analysis Package
> Never trust any version less than 1.0
> Copyright 1982-2007, Albert Davis
> Gnucap comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
> This is free software, and you are welcome
> to redistribute it under the terms of
> the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later.
> See the file "COPYING" for details.
> attach models-ngspice17/asrc/asrc.so
>        ^ ? models-ngspice17/asrc/asrc.so: undefined symbol: CKTfndBranch
>
> Don't attach again but error is diferent.

Known "bug".....  actually incomplete work.

Not all of the spice models work.  This is one that doesn't.

"CKTfndBranch" is a Spice function that is not yet mapped.

> Debian Sid in this machine, but i386 flavour.
>
> > And, I don't know why "get" command don't run:
> >
> > gnucap> get Fuente_no_lineal_Gnucap.ckt
> > get Fuente_no_lineal_Gnucap.ckt
> > ^ ? what's this?
>
> Get command don't run too:
>
> gnucap> get prueba.ckt
> get prueba.ckt
> ^ ? what's this?
>
> Is a depreceated command?

It's a bug, I think, that happened when the "lang" files were
split out.  If an old command (get) doesn't work, try it with a
dot in front (.get).

You can fix it by editing lang_spice_commands.cc.

Change:
DISPATCHER<CMD>::INSTALL d6(&command_dispatcher, ".get", &p6);
to:
DISPATCHER<CMD>::INSTALL d6(&command_dispatcher, ".get|get", &p6);

Same goes for merge and build.