Re: [Help-gnunet] Block order

From: Igor Wronsky
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] Block order
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 10:37:10 +0200 (EET)

On Sat, 1 Feb 2003, Tom Barnes-Lawrence wrote:

> > >  Oh, and are the keywords case sensitive, and what characters are valid?
> > Keywords are case sensitive and you can use any character (other than '\0').
> > The difficult part would of course be to convince your shell (or gui) to
> > pass
> > "any charater" to GNUnet.
>  Hmm, in which case, that idea I'd been mentioning a few weeks back
> ("informal protocols") would seem to have even more use- eg, to specify
> that users ought to use mostly lower-case keywords unless they're trying
> to make stuff hard to find for whatever reason. But such things can
> wait for another day.

A manifesto, netiquette, or whatever you call it, could always
be written on the lines of 'it would be nice if people ...
(used lowercase letters, etc)'. Many wouldn't read it, many
wouldn't know that it exists, and some would purposefully
ignore it, but perhaps there could be a few that would stick
to conventions, and that might make it worth the while.

Different user groups can of course create their own
conventions, just as gnunet dev team can't dictate what
the system is used for.

Personally, i'd think it quite charming if we had a small
html file of a couple of list entries, containing things
like 'use lowercase keywords' and 'insertion comes with
responsibilities - its not just in-and-out. Keep your
node running!'. :D The file would consist of simple common-
sense end-user advice, evident when you stop to think about it,
but not so evident that ppl would behave so automatically.

Igor