Re: [Help-gnunet] indexing -> size taken in database

From: Brent Miller
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] indexing -> size taken in database
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 12:45:04 -0700

Christian Schulte wrote:

> Hello,
>
>since i recently saw my own content dissapearing (can only find but not
>download it anymore) i wondered about how i could get a clue of what is still
>intact and completely indexed in my DB or at least which amount of content
>should have survived my recent indexing.

Do you mean that your indexed content is dissapearing? If that is the
case, have you run gnunet-check? I ran into some db corruption a while
back, and I noticed too, that I could not download my own indexed
content. After fixing the db and running gnunet-check everything seemed
to work okay. Gnunetd should not overwrite your indexed content with
migrated content.

If you mean inserted content, that's just what happens. I've found that
I've been unable to download inserted content only 12 hours after
inserting it.

>Is there maybe some small formula like   SIZEinDB = (filesize / 25)
>I guess that kind of small "data overhead" is the same if i insert content or
>index it.

If you insert the content, I *belive* that it's going to be the size of
the file plus a couple of blocks for the keywords, etc.

However if you index the content, [1]this page says that the size of the
indexed file in the db is only about 2% of the original file.

hth,
Brent

1. http://www.ovmj.org/GNUnet/user_afs.php3?xlang=English#gnunetinsert