Re: [Help-gnunet] indexing -> size taken in database

From: Benjamin Kay
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] indexing -> size taken in database
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 13:13:14 +0000

On Friday 16 April 2004 10:43 pm, Steven wrote:
> I know that it would be no trivial task, but I think that it would be
> interesting to do experiments with a network where indexing was disabled.

Better now than later. If GNUnet cannot at least match the efficiency of other
anonymous networks, there is simply no point in using it. I, personally, am
willing to donate my node to whatever the dev's would like to do with it.
Perhaps this would be a good time to start using the peer-to-peer testbed?

I would also mention that due to a bug in gnunet-gtk several months ago, I
actually had a node with indexing disabled. I was certainly able to initate
downloads from my own node at very high speeds - even several days after
inserting the content. I also know that some of the content (or at least the
keyword blocks) got migrated to other nodes. Unfortunately, I never bothered
to download an entire file in this manner so I cannot verify whether or not
any blocks were lost.