Re: [Help-gnunet] gnunet cash

From: Benjamin Kay
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] gnunet cash
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 13:55:50 +0000

On Friday 16 April 2004 10:10 am, you wrote:
> Igor Wronsky <address@hidden> writes:
> > Some nodes also have abysmally small bandwidth limits,
> > in which case a 100b/sec trickle just can't be helped,
> > if the blocks aren't anywhere else.

I am trying to download 3DMark03_340.exe - 36 hours and counting. Although
torwards the beginning of the download my speed went as high as 60 kbps, it
has now decayed to 0.829 kbps. By the time all this is done, this file will
(sadly) be the most available file on the network.

I think I heard Christian mention once that, if my node has no cash with
another node, then the other node will allocate no more than half of its
bandwith to my node - even if there is no other traffic on the network! It
seems to me that GNUnet could benefit from being a bit more tolerant to
freeloaders. I would really like to see my % upstream at 100% all of the
time.