Re: [Help-gnunet] gnunet cash

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] gnunet cash
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 16:55:17 -0500

On Thursday 15 April 2004 16:32, Igor Wronsky wrote:
> Between the lines, Steven hits neatly at the fact that we don't
> have empiric data or even experience that would convincingly
> show that the _implementation_ of the trust stuff in current GNUnet
> a) works as it should b) benefits the behaving/sharing nodes,
> and c) doesn't do 'stupid things' - unless someone is
> keeping the knowledge to himself. ;)

I did some experiments a while ago, but the key word in the paragraph above
that makes it true is 'convincingly'.  The general fluctuations in the
download speed are just too big to make any definite claims (at least that
was the case last time I tried, which was quite a while ago, so things maybe
better (or worse) now).