[Help-gnunet] gnunetd aborts if `gnunet-update' wasn't run

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: [Help-gnunet] gnunetd aborts if `gnunet-update' wasn't run
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 17:48:14 +0200

Hi,

2 days, 4 hours, 34 minutes, 38 seconds ago,
Mario Moder wrote:
> gnunetd 0.6.4a from Debian unstable is up and running on my linux box.

BTW, this version of gnunetd abort()s if `gnunet-update' wasn't run
before but doesn't print any meaningful error message unless `--debug'
is passed:

  Oct 04 17:41:21  You need to first run 'gnunet-update'!
  Oct 04 17:41:21 Failure at logging.c:299.
  Aborted (core dumped)

I think it would be cool if this message got displayed even without
`--debug'.  :-)

Also, on the Debian side, it looks like `gnunet-update' is not run after
`gnunet-check -a'.

Thanks,
Ludovic.