[Help-gnunet] GNUnet and ISDN dial-up connection

From: Mario Moder
Subject: [Help-gnunet] GNUnet and ISDN dial-up connection
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 13:07:16 +0200

Hi,

gnunetd 0.6.4a from Debian unstable is up and running on my linux box.
The system runs the whole day and is connected to the net via ISDN
(ippp0) with a dynamic IP address. Every 12 hours the connection is
terminated by my provider and a few seconds later, the isdn system
makes a new connection and gets a new dynamically assigned IP address.

Can gnunetd handle this situation or should it be killed and started
again whenever a connection is terminated and re-established with a
new IP?

Does it make sense at all to run gnunet on a dial-up connection with
dynamic IP?

I have run a test and after a reconnection of the net interface the
number of connected nodes drops to 0 (of course) but then it stays at
0 (since a few hours now).

Thanks in advance,

Mario

--