Re: [Help-gnunet] Re: gnunetd aborts if `gnunet-update' wasn't run

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] Re: gnunetd aborts if `gnunet-update' wasn't run
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 20:33:21 -0500

On Tuesday 05 October 2004 20:23, Arnaud Kyheng wrote:
> So after a binary upgrade:
> gnunet-check -a
> gnunet-update
>
> is correct and makes all necessary data migrations ?
> (or 'gnunet-check -u' if 'gnunet-check -a' does not imply -u)

Actually, gnunet-check -a is not required (and takes forever and should thus
probably be discouraged).  For the .debs, I would just call gnunet-update and
nothing else from now on, the next time we break AFS compatibility
gnunet-check will not be able to recover from that :-)

And no, unless I'm terribly mistaken -a does not imply -u.