RE: addresse in System Domain

From: Björn Giesler
Subject: RE: addresse in System Domain
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 12:21:05 +0100

Hi,

sorry to barge into this thread so late. I think this is actually a
runtime/NSBundle problem.
To find the path for a bundle (necessary for locating resource files), NSBundle
will first ask the runtime (by usign objc_get_symbol_path()). That should
return the correct path, but returns nil on my system (dynamic linker
shortcoming?) and, as it appears, on all Linux boxen.

If this returns nil, NSBundle will look *only* in GNUSTEP_LOCAL_ROOT.
Therefore, the frameworks aren't found if they're installed in
GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT.

Nicola, since this is marked as TODO by you in NSBundle.m, are you going to fix
it? Otherwise, I'll have a go this afternoon.

Regards,
Björn