Distributing Renaissance/GNUstep app's on OS X

From: Fletcher T. Penney
Subject: Distributing Renaissance/GNUstep app's on OS X
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 21:00:59 -0500

I apologize if this is a FAQ (I couldn't find it anywhere...)

I am a longtime programmer on the Mac, but am just beginning to experiment with GNUstep and Renaissance. I was very excited when I was able to get some of the Renaissance demo app's to compile, and am interested in beginning develop cross-platform app's.

But I was unable to get the app (Ink, to be specific) to run on another OS X machine that did not have Renaissance installed.

I copied the Renaissance.framework bundle into the Ink.app/Contents/Frameworks/ folder when I realized that the bundle would be necessary. :)

... but I was surprised when that didn't do the trick.

Is it possible to distribute a Renaissance .app for Mac OS X users without requiring them to install anything? Is there some stupid trick I am missing? I imagine that Linux users would be required to install GNUstep, but I am primarily interested in Mac users right now.

Thanks a lot!!!

Fletcher

--

Fletcher T. Penney
http://fletcher.freeshell.org/

Drugs have taught an entire generation of American kids the metric system.