Re: Distributing Renaissance/GNUstep app's on OS X

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Distributing Renaissance/GNUstep app's on OS X
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 15:37:10 +0000 (GMT)

> > I copied the Renaissance.framework bundle into the
> > Ink.app/Contents/Frameworks/ folder when I realized that the bundle
> > would be necessary.  :)
> >
> > ... but I was surprised when that didn't do the trick.
>
>  I've never done this, but from postings on Cocoa-Dev, it appears that
> you have to set the internal path stored in the framework itself to
> start with "@executable_path" instead of starting at the file system
> root ("/").

Yes.

I'd like to play with this when I'm home with an Apple, but it should be
possible and it would be no different than embedding any other Apple
framework in an Apple application - which is a tricky bit - please refer
to the Apple documention for how to do it.

I know gnustep-make already supports that option - at least in theory, I
don't remember trying it out - it's similar to what you'd do with Apple
development tools.  You have to set DYLIB_INSTALL_NAME_BASE in your
GNUmakefile to something like @executable_path/../Frameworks.

I'll double-check it out tonight.

(If I don't, and if you don't find how to do it by yourself, please nag me
via email again in a couple of days.)