Re: Distributing Renaissance/GNUstep app's on OS X

From: Uli Kusterer
Subject: Re: Distributing Renaissance/GNUstep app's on OS X
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 13:47:06 +0100

In article <mailman.2271.1076551871.928.help-gnustep@gnu.org>,
 "Fletcher T. Penney" <me@privacy.net> wrote:

> I copied the Renaissance.framework bundle into the
> Ink.app/Contents/Frameworks/ folder when I realized that the bundle
> would be necessary.  :)
>
> ... but I was surprised when that didn't do the trick.

 I've never done this, but from postings on Cocoa-Dev, it appears that
you have to set the internal path stored in the framework itself to
start with "@executable_path" instead of starting at the file system
root ("/").

 I think you can find out whether this is the case using otool, but to
change it, you need to recompile the framework with some special
settings (which I don't know and couldn't find offhand).

 I seem to remember that there was an article somewhere (macdevcenter?
cocoadevcentral? cocoadev?) about embedding frameworks in your
application. Maybe you can find it.

HTH,
-- Uli
http://www.zathras.de