Re: FreeBSD 5.3 setup help

From: Chris Vetter
Subject: Re: FreeBSD 5.3 setup help
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 12:06:24 +0100 (MET)

> Hi there,
[...]
> Either way, what I'm interested in finding out is whether there are any
> suggestions people might have for adjusting the Makefile(s) for FreeBSD
> ports so that GNUstep will install smoothly without this /proc problem.

Apparently, the problem seems to be related to FreeBSD 5.3 only
(I may be wrong, but I do not have the problem on 5.2).

The actual problem is indeed in libkvm, which, under certain
circumstances DOES need a working /proc (actually, it's just one
particular function, kvm_uread() called from kvm_doargv() under some
conditions, that needs /proc).

So, until Pascal Hofstee can provide a fix to libkvm, the only way
right now seems to be the installation of procfs and mounting /proc.

--
Chris

--
GMX im TV ... Die Gedanken sind frei ... Schon gesehen?
Jetzt Spot online ansehen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/tv-spot