Re: Distributing gnustep-based software

From: Sébastien Pierre
Subject: Re: Distributing gnustep-based software
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 18:39:39 +0100

Le 4 févr. 05, à 18:21, Richard Frith-Macdonald a écrit :

do a clean install of make + base, then build and install my program ... then I can make a tar image of the entire /usr/GNUstep tree (my program will be in /usr/GNUstep/Local/Tools).

This seems like a proper way to do what I want :)
However, is there any method to determine unneeded files ? In fact, I would like to distribute my app under Linux, OSX and... Windows, and am really concerned about three things :

1/ Installation should be really straightforward, ideally something like "unpack here" (no environment variable required, or conflicts with existing GNUstep) 2/ Size should be as small as possible. My app is around 1.2Mb on Intel and 2.4Mb on PPC (OSX) 3/ Platform parity: I'm especially concerned about size/efficiency on Windows

Do you think these requirements could be satisfied ?

 -- Sébastien

--
«Le soleil est Dieu»
<http://www.type-z.org>             -- Turner, avant de mourir