pl2link error while installing application?

From: Daniel J Farrell
Subject: pl2link error while installing application?
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 12:38:31 +0100

Hello everybody,

I have recently installed gnustep (all available packages e.g. base, gui etc...) on MacOS 10.4 using DarwinPorts it took a few hours but it's finally done!

However, I cannon instasll any gnustep application; I get the same error everytime (see below).

There seems to be a problem with pl2link? From what I understand this tool produces a desktop link file for KDE and Gnome out of a GNUstep property list, but I'm on MacOS! Because this can't load the dynamic library: libgnustep-base.dylib.1.12. cannon load.... any ideas on how to get around this problem?

As far as I'm aware DarwinPort successfully compiled and installed everthing. I also have changed by .profile and .xinitrc to contain the lines of code as suggested during the installation (path to the gnustep shell script, man pages, etc...)

There must be something I've left out?

Kind regards,

        Daniel.

PS - Here is the terminal response to trying to install Affiche (a.k.a Stickies):

Last login: Mon Jun  5 11:51:52 on ttyp2
Welcome to Darwin!
DJF:~ Daniel$ cd Desktop/Affiche
DJF:~/Desktop/Affiche Daniel$ sudo make
Making all for app Affiche...
Creating Affiche.app/Resources/Affiche.desktop...
dyld: Library not loaded: libgnustep-base.dylib.1.12
  Referenced from: /opt/local/GNUstep/System/Tools/pl2link
  Reason: image not found
make[1]: *** [Affiche.app/Resources/Affiche.desktop] Error 133
make: *** [Affiche.all.app.variables] Error 2