Re: pl2link error while installing application? [MacOS problem]

From: Daniel J Farrell
Subject: Re: pl2link error while installing application? [MacOS problem]
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 14:46:13 +0100

Hello everyone,

I have updated the title to this post because it seems to me MacOS specific....

Thanks for that Fred.

I afraid I don't understand what you mean by locally?

Dan.

On 5 Jun 2006, at 13:17, Fred Kiefer wrote:

I would expect that it is not pl2link that is causing the problem here,
rather this program, being the first GNUstep tool to run, shows that
something went wrong before.

To test this, you could try to run your application locally and I am
sure this is going to fail.

Now this does not help you in solving the problem :-(
Now one of the experts of GNUstep on MacOSX needs to step in.

Cheers
Fred

Daniel J Farrell schrieb:

I have recently installed gnustep (all available packages e.g. base, gui
etc...) on MacOS 10.4 using DarwinPorts it took a few hours but it's
finally done!

However, I cannon instasll any gnustep application; I get the same error
everytime (see below).

There seems to be a problem with pl2link? From what I understand this
tool produces a desktop link file for KDE and Gnome out of a GNUstep
property list, but I'm on MacOS! Because this can't load the dynamic
library: libgnustep-base.dylib.1.12. cannon load.... any ideas on how to
get around this problem?

As far as I'm aware DarwinPort successfully compiled and installed
everthing. I also have changed by .profile and .xinitrc to contain the lines of code as suggested during the installation (path to the gnustep
shell script, man pages, etc...)

There must be something I've left out?

Kind regards,

    Daniel.

PS - Here is the terminal response to trying to install Affiche (a.k.a
Stickies):

Last login: Mon Jun  5 11:51:52 on ttyp2
Welcome to Darwin!
DJF:~ Daniel$ cd Desktop/Affiche
DJF:~/Desktop/Affiche Daniel$ sudo make
Making all for app Affiche...
Creating Affiche.app/Resources/Affiche.desktop...
dyld: Library not loaded: libgnustep-base.dylib.1.12
  Referenced from: /opt/local/GNUstep/System/Tools/pl2link
  Reason: image not found
make[1]: *** [Affiche.app/Resources/Affiche.desktop] Error 133
make: *** [Affiche.all.app.variables] Error 2