Re: emacsclient and gworkspace

From: Camille Bourgoin
Subject: Re: emacsclient and gworkspace
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:07:20 +0100

On 2007-03-13 21:47:07 +0100 Charles philip Chan <cpchan@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> On 13 Mar 2007, monsieur.camille@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> but don't work. When I selected "emacsclient" on a text file with the
>> right button, nothing append (the emacs server is running, of course)
>
> Strange, I have been using emacsclient with GWorkspace for years with no
> problem. Is the app showing in the "Tools panel" for the file type? How
> did you try to open the file?

I open the file with a right click. It's open the "open with"
menu. emacsclient.app is present in this menu.

There is the content of the "info-gnustep.plist" file :

{
  NSExecutable = "emacsclient";
  NSIcon = "emacsc.tiff";
  NSRole = "Editor";
  NSTypes = (
    {
      NSUnixExtensions = ( "txt" );
      NSIcon = "FileIcon_.txt.tiff";
    },
    {
      NSUnixExtensions = ( "tex" );
      NSIcon = "FileIcon_.txt.tiff";
    },
    {
      NSUnixExtensions = ( "el" );
      NSIcon = "FileIcon_.txt.tiff";
    },
    {
      NSUnixExtensions = ( "scm" );
      NSIcon = "FileIcon_.txt.tiff";
    },
    {
      NSUnixExtensions = ( "ps" );
      NSIcon = "FileIcon_.ps.tiff";
    },
    {
      NSUnixExtensions = ( "h" );
      NSIcon = "FileIcon_.h.tiff";
    },
    {
      NSUnixExtensions = ( "m" );
      NSIcon = "FileIcon_.m.tiff";
    },
    {
      NSUnixExtensions = ( "c" );
      NSIcon = "FileIcon_.c.tiff";
    }
  );
}

> I will send you my emacs wrapper privately to see if it works better.

thank you !

--
L'ĂȘtre physique... ne se montre pas tout entier. La physique sera donc
toujours douteuse.