Re: emacsclient and gworkspace

From: Charles philip Chan
Subject: Re: emacsclient and gworkspace
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 17:58:42 -0400

On 13 Mar 2007, monsieur.camille@gmail.com wrote:

> I open the file with a right click. It's open the "open with"
> menu. emacsclient.app is present in this menu.

There is no "open with" menu in Gworkspace, are you talking about the
"open with" dialog? This is really for openning file with non-gnustep
programs when there is no appwrapper (to open a file that way with an
app wrapper, you need to use the command gopen). However, using the
"Tools" inspector is far simpler. Try doing this:

(1) Go to the file that you want to open in Gworkspace and invoke the
    "Tools" inspector.

(2) Now double click on the Emacs icon in the "Tools" inspector. You can
    make Emacs the default (so you can just double click on the file in
    the browser) by selecting the Emacs icon and hit "Set Default".

If emacs is not showing up in the "Tools" Inspector, you will need to
run "make_services" from a console and restart GWorkspace.

Charles

--
panic("Oh boy, that early out of memory?");
        linux-2.2.16/arch/mips/mm/init.c