Re: adding functions to function.c

From: Boris Kolpackov
Subject: Re: adding functions to function.c
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 17:42:45 +0000 (UTC)

"Dill, John" <address@hidden> writes:

> Do you maintain your own special version of make with your own additions?

Now you are talking! ;-)

> and whether or not some other development effort is being done

There are plans to add Guile to GNU make as a scripting language in the
version after the next one. Meantime I would suggest you use $(call)/$(eval)
and/or $(shell) unless you have special needs (like speed) and can afford
to require patched make to build your projects.

> Also, where would I find the current source of make if I want to make
> contributions?

That would be on savannah:

http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/make

-boris