Re: Improvement on parallel make

From: David Boyce
Subject: Re: Improvement on parallel make
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 12:54:01 -0500

At 07:50 AM 12/11/2006, Christophe LYON wrote:
Maybe we could accept a different behaviour that BSD's. (Well, I hope so ;-)

If the behavior ends up differing from BSD's, might I suggest using a different name (e.g. .SYNC) for it? It would surprise those familar with BSD make less, and potentially make it possible to maintain makefiles which are both BSD- and GNU-compatible (though mind-bogglingly complex).

-David Boyce