Re: No title in HTML output

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: No title in HTML output
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2024 08:56:51 +0200

On Sat, Jun 01, 2024 at 11:53:57PM +0000, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:

> Now, I have footnotes and they appear after a "Footnotes" title even
> though I have:
>
> @documentlanguage fr_FR
> @documentencoding utf-8
>
> in my headings.
>
> Is there a way to fix that?

This should just work.  I tried with the attached manual with texinfo
7.1 (and the development version too) on a debian testing, and I get
"Notes de bas de page".  I called
 texi2any --html -c NO_TOP_NODE_OUTPUT=1 ex_fr.texi

One possibility could be a mismatch between the strings found and the
strings expected in texi2any as there were recent changes, with contexts
added for many translations and in particular all the special elements
headings.  Normally texi2any tries to use the translations strings from
were the texinfo package is installed, but I guess that the (Perl)
gettext framework could also use another location.

--
Pat