Re: No title in HTML output

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: No title in HTML output
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2024 10:55:26 +0200

On Sun, Jun 02, 2024 at 07:09:50AM +0000, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
> Ok. I'm using Texinfo 7.1 from brew (macOS) and with the same file and
> same command I get "Previous", "Up", "Top" and "Footnotes".
>
> I guess there is a bug in the installation process.
>
> How can I check where does texinfo take its FR strings from?

It is not easy to check at runtime, as the gettext framework does not allow to
get
information on the directories actually searched for.

It is possible to check if there is a file in the directory that is
expected to be used. In texinfo-7.1, the explicit call to
Locale::Messages::bindtextdomain relevant for an installed package and
for translated strings in document is in texi2any

 Locale::Messages::bindtextdomain($strings_textdomain,
                                    File::Spec->catdir($datadir, 'locale'));

$datadir is set before, in the normal case, it should be set by
configure, you should be able to see, a code like (line 166)

if ('/usr/share' ne '@' . 'datadir@' and 'texinfo' ne '@' . 'PACKAGE@') {
  $datadir = eval '"/usr/share"';
  my $package = 'texinfo';
  $pkgdatadir = File::Spec->catdir($datadir, $package);
} else {

Ther locales file should be like
$datadir/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/texinfo_document.mo

--
Pat