koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Koha's i18n & l10n

From: Tonnesen Steve
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Koha's i18n & l10n
Date: Wed Nov 6 13:00:24 2002

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Dorian Meid wrote:

> paul POULAIN schrieb:
> > hdl already did one (newbasket2.pl, commited by me yesterday, after some
> > testing) too.
> >
> > If 1.2 manager wants to backport them from main branch to 1.2, it should
> > be easy and without pain.
>
> BTW:
> Can someone tell me which pieces of code should go in which branch?
> Sometimes I have the impression that two snippets relying on each other
> are spread over two branches.
> How do we work with the branches in koha?

rel-1-2 should have very limited changes in functionality, and all new
features should get added in the trunk.  The reason for this is that
rel-1-2 is supposed to be our stable branch and big changes make stability
hard to maintain.

There are also release managers for each of the branches who have the
final say on what can and cannot go into their branch.  For 1.2 that's
Chris Cormack, for 1.3 it's Paul Poulain.

In addition to this rule of thumb... any bugs that affect both branches
should be fixed in both branches, ideally in an identical fashion so that
there are no conflicts when merging the two changed files back together.
By identical, I mean that if you are looking at the file shelf.pl in a
checkout of the trunk branch of Koha and run:

cvs diff -r rel-1-2 shelf.pl

There should be no differences in the two versions of the file in the
section where you fixed the bug.

Steve.