koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Re: Koha documents?

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Re: Koha documents?
Date: Fri Nov 14 06:45:18 2003

MJ Ray wrote:

On 2003-11-14 10:56:16 +0000 paul POULAIN <address@hidden> wrote:

It's on the wiki : http://www.saas.nsw.edu.au/wiki/index.php?page=PlugInDoc

Initial questions from this:
What is a "lib"?

i think it's a translation mistake... In french we use "libellé" for "Text" (or something approaching). I thought (why ? i don't know... A bug in my brain probably...) that "lib" was used in english too...

Are all plugins called for every field or is there a registry?

A plugin is called only if in the MARC setup you've "mapped" the subfield to the plugin concerned.

Won't the suggested function names collide sometimes if there is more than one use of the plugin?

it's possible, but only in theory imho. Dombes uses unimarc_field_700_701_702 3 times in the editor, and never reported any problem.

--
Paul POULAIN