koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Serials (next translation questions...)

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: [Koha-devel] Serials (next translation questions...)
Date: Thu Aug 5 06:27:06 2004

Hi,

In french, for a given subscription (=abonnement), you wait for effective items. Repeated items are called "bulletins" (= explains the word "bulletinage" -see previous post-) What word should we use in english ? Items is very poor, as it's used for something else. In french, "numéro" is a synonym for "bulletin", and can be translated by "number". I think number is poor in english too.

still in french, a "bulletin" that is late and will never arrive is called "lacune". I don't know the exact translation, but is "missing" OK ?
A "bulletin" that is late will be marked "late". Is this word correct ?
A "bulletin" that should arrive soon is marked "waited" (= ie : is planned, but not yet late). Is it correct ?

I think it's all for today (a very raining one in Marseille...)

--
Paul POULAIN