koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Serials (next translation questions...)

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Serials (next translation questions...)
Date: Thu Aug 5 10:18:02 2004

Owen Leonard wrote:

Paul POULAIN said:
We need another word I think : issue is used in circulation module, when
you issue a book to someone.
I think "issues" is the right word for both the items people have checked out, and the individual issues of a periodical.

I agree with Stephen, but is this a translation-script problem? Will translators who use the translator script only be given the one instance of 'issues' to translate, without know the context? It's been a while since I tried out that script...
I don't think there's a translation problem (and less more with the .po translation tool) I just thought it's better to use differents terms for differents parts of Koha.
But as you seem to all agree for Issue, let's go for issue...

--
Paul POULAIN