koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Serials (next translation questions...)

From: Stephen Hedges
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Serials (next translation questions...)
Date: Thu Aug 5 09:31:04 2004

Paul POULAIN said:
> We need another word I think : issue is used in circulation module, when
> you issue a book to someone.

I don't think native English-speakers will be confused -- we're accustomed
to one word having several meanings, and you know from the context what is
meant.  I think "issues" is the right word for both the items people have
checked out, and the individual issues of a periodical.  If not, then we
should change what we call the items people have checked out from "issues"
to something else.  Because "issues" really is the right word for
periodicals.

Stephen

--
Stephen Hedges