koha-translate

Re: [Koha-translate] Need for clarification etc.

From: Joshua Ferraro
Subject: Re: [Koha-translate] Need for clarification etc.
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 07:17:31 -0400

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 5:00 PM, Selma Aslan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear All
>
> 1. Could you please advise if incomplete strings such as below are
> intentional or erroneous:
>
> #:
> ../../koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/help/acqui/acqui-home.tmpl:2
> msgid ""
> "You do not need to use Acquisitions to add items to your catalogue. If you
> do not want to track orders and budget expenditure, then use the"
> msgstr ""
> #:
> ../../koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/help/admin/marctagstructure.tmpl:9
> #:
> ../../koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/help/admin/marc_subfields_structure.tmpl:9
> #:
> ../../koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/help/admin/auth_subfields_structure.tmpl:9
> msgid ""
> "You can define as the marc tag structure for each biblio framework you have
> "
> "defined"
> msgstr ""
>
> 2. I thought stings in French would be translated into English in Beta
> version, but they are still in French. Will they be translated at some
> stage?
>
> 3. Turkish syntax is
>  completely different from English and strings do not always fit correctly.
> Is there anything that can be done about this problem?
Could you give some concrete examples that point to the specific problems
you're having? I assume you're familiar with the use and placement of
the variables, which can be done as needed per language?

Cheers,

--
Joshua Ferraro SUPPORT FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
CEO migration, training, maintenance, support