koha-translate

[Koha-translate] corrections of this english text?

From: perik
Subject: [Koha-translate] corrections of this english text?
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 02:08:57 -0800 (PST)

Hi!

Ive written a short story I tried to translate from swedish into english.
Can you please help me correct my translation?

thanks a lot for your inputs!!!

here comes a part of the story:
I decided to search the Internet. I decided to google Kopparmärra.
But to my surprise I didn’t get one single hit.

The rest of the day I spent walking around in the surroundings of Delsjön.
I needed some fresh air and a change of scenery. I had tried to distract
my thoughts without succeeding. I now wanted them to run wild. I thought
that if Kopparmärra is no longer at Kungsportsplatsen but for some reason
had been moved, how come Sofia didn’t knew that it had been there before?

The next day I called Sofia again. I asked to see the photo that she had
shown me at the café. I wanted to have a closer look at it. For some reason
I thought that the photo had the answer to the vanishing of Kopparmärra.
Sofia didn’t seem to understand what I was saying.

-But can’t you see that there has been something there?
-No, give it a rest. That is what it looks like.
-I’ll show you on the Internet.
-What?
- I’ll show you on the Internet.

- Have a look!

I decided to search for Kungsportsplatsen instead. Some photo had
to show Kopparmärra.

I checked more than ten pages of hits and I went through one after the
other but it was the same in all photos. The square, the tram stop, the
flagpoles,
the benches in the middle, the bicycle stands. Everything was there.
The pictures were taken from all sorts of angles but all in a way that
Kopparmärra
wouldn’t show. Sofia got tired of it and left. I started to feel
disheartened.

I said goodbye to Sofia and biked back into town. I was heading for the
tourist office at Kungsportsplatsen. They if any should be able to explain
what
had happened. Why Kopparmärra had been moved?

When I parked the bike at Kungsportsplatsen I looked up towards the place
where Kopparmärra use to stand. I realized that Kopparmärra had started to
become an obsession.

-Hi!
-Hello! Kopparmärra, the statue on Kungsportsplatsen ...?
- No, that is not familiar to me.

To my surprise he also didn’t seem to have a clue what I was talking about.
He pointed and shook his head. And in the end I left.

Thanks