Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Gaming Collective: Hosted server

From: Patrick Anderson
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Gaming Collective: Hosted server
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 15:48:37 -0600

Rudolf wrote:
> Also are there any legal problems with this?
> Like who owns the space? Can we assign the
> server to the fsf or the collective to maintain
> as long as the costs are covered?

I am very interested in hashing-out the complexities of what it takes
to share computing resources so they remain "Free as in Freedom".

Once we understand how to share land, capital and labor for computing,
it is only a small step to generalizing the solution to *all*
production, including the most important of all = agriculture.

This is a complex issue, and will take more than simply covering costs.

Covering costs is required to begin and to continue, but we need just
a bit more logic to insure those shared assets remain truly Free as in
Freedom for *all* users, not just the few that originally organized to
be benevolent dictators over the rest.

Here are part of my ideas:
http://lists.libreplanet.org/archive/html/libreplanet-discuss/2012-05/msg00111.html