Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Minetest server [was: Gaming Collective: Hoste

From: Mark Holmquist
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Minetest server [was: Gaming Collective: Hosted server]
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 14:00:09 -0700

Hi!

I have a minetest server currently running at marktraceur.info, port 30000. Anyone is welcome, but I've enabled "require password" and only allow chat privileges by default, so you'll need to log in with a password *and* ask me for privileges, at least until I figure out a better way to do things. Feel free to ask me through my FSF email (it's in my signature) for privileges.

Oh, and I'm running the bleeding edge version as of two weeks ago (or so), so probably best to get the latest from the git repository with `git clone https://github.com/celeron55/minetest.git` rather than download the compiled packages.

Danny also seems to indicate that I'd be helpful in administrating the "official" server for LibrePlanet, so I'll stand by on that.

I've also been rather conservative in installing mods to this server, so if anyone has suggestions, I can add them to my list of things to do. I try to do code review and tighten up the mods before installing them.

Cheers,

--
Mark Holmquist
Contractor, Wikimedia Foundation