Re: [libreplanet-discuss] [Trisquel-users] Final Thesis: H-node

From: Michał 'rysiek' Woźniak
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] [Trisquel-users] Final Thesis: H-node
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 19:16:53 +0200

Dnia sobota, 11 maja 2013 o 12:31:17 Quiliro Ordóñez napisał(a):
> El 10/05/13 16:16, Fabian Rodriguez escribió:
> >  but I believe publishing under a Creative Commons licence
> >
> > wouldn't be considered free, specially if there is a "non-commercial"
> > use restriction. Perhaps other can provide a better opinion here.
>
> The only free licenses Creative commons has are: CC-By-SA, CC-By and
> CC-0. The others are not free (as in freedom).

Agreed. I'd just like to add that there is a discussion within the Creative
Commons community and organisation as to whether or not should the non-free
versions (containing -NC, -ND clauses) be stricken from CC license catalogue
when CC4.0 arrives.

Please note - some CC licenses had already been retired in the past, so it's
not as huge a rpecedent as it might seem:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CC-By#Retired_licenses

I personally believe -NC and -ND should be retired so that the confusion about
CC licenses being free or not could finally disappear.

--
Pozdrawiam
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak

Fundacja Wolnego i Otwartego Oprogramowania