Re: [libreplanet-discuss] [Trisquel-users] Final Thesis: H-node

From: Michał 'rysiek' Woźniak
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] [Trisquel-users] Final Thesis: H-node
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 10:13:18 +0200

Dnia wtorek, 14 maja 2013 o 23:57:39 Quiliro Ordóñez napisał(a):
> El 13/05/13 12:16, Michał 'rysiek' Woźniak escribió:
> > Dnia sobota, 11 maja 2013 o 12:31:17 Quiliro Ordóñez napisał(a):
> >> The only free licenses Creative commons has are: CC-By-SA, CC-By and
> >> CC-0. The others are not free (as in freedom).
> >
> > Agreed. I'd just like to add that there is a discussion within the
> > Creative Commons community and organisation as to whether or not should
> > the non-free versions (containing -NC, -ND clauses) be stricken from CC
> > license catalogue when CC4.0 arrives.
>
> That would be great. Thank you for the news. Please keep us up to date
> on this issue.

I'll quote Carlos, who responded to me on that off-list (hope this is okay,
Carlos?):
"I've been participating on the discussions and, in the end, the non-free
licenses will stay anyway. Creative Commons doesn't want to take a political
stance, and will let other groups to do so (like the recently restructured
Free Culture Foundation)."

So this ship has already sailed, unfortunately.

--
Pozdrawiam
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak

Fundacja Wolnego i Otwartego Oprogramowania